Improve your life with 30 minutes of exercise a day
George Bailey (played by Jimmy Stewart) thought his life was anything but wonderful. But by the end of the classic movie It’s a Wonderful Life, he had a plan. He said: “I know what I’m gonna do tomorrow, and the next day, and the next year, and the year after that.”
Here’s one way to improve your life: Be active at least 30 minutes a day. Exercise does more than help you get in shape or lose a few pounds. It can also improve your mood, something Bailey needed.
‘Now’ is Always the Best Time
You might be thinking about starting a new fitness routine after the holidays. But why wait? Here are the five most popular ways to stay active in the coming year, according to the American College of Sports Medicine:
- Go for a walk. It’s the easiest way to get started.
- Use a fitness tracking device, smart watch, or mobile app. Set a daily goal for steps, calories burned, heart rate, and more. Keep track. Try to improve a little each week.
- Do high-intensity interval training (HIIT). Raise your heart rate and burn more calories with short workouts. Try jumping jacks, burpees, and curl-ups. Perform an exercise for 1 minute. Rest 30 seconds. Then move on to the next exercise. Repeat.
- Workout with a group. You’re more likely to exercise when you know others are counting on you. Take a group fitness class at the gym. Joint a walking club. Or find a workout partner.
- Build strength. It’s not just for bodybuilders and athletes. Strength training builds muscle and makes your bones strong. You can lift weights or do exercises that use your body weight, like push-ups and squats.
Want to live a wonderful life? Make exercise part of your daily routine.
Tip: Set a daily goal for steps or minutes of physical activity, and keep track with your wearable device or mobile app.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?